Recordati at a glance
Recordati is an international pharmaceutical group dedicated to the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals for primary care as well as orphan drugs for the treatment of rare diseases. Headquartered in Milan, it has operations in the main European countries, in Central and Eastern Europe and in Turkey. Recordati has been listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 1984.
Recordati offers a wide range of innovative pharmaceuticals, both proprietary and under license, in a number of therapeutic areas including a specialized segment dedicated to treatments for rare diseases. A field force of more than 1700 medical representatives promotes these products in all countries where subsidiaries have been established. The company's leading products are drugs for the treatment of hypertension and other cardiovascular disorders as well as treatments for disorders of the lower urinary tract such as benign prostatic hyperplasia. Drugs for rare diseases are mainly treatments for metabolic deficiencies of a genetic nature. Recordati sells its proprietary pharmaceuticals directly to the market in the countries where it is present and through licensees elsewhere. Pharmaceutical production is based mainly in Italy (Milan), France (Montluçon) and Turkey (Esenyurt). Plants for the production of proprietary active ingredients are situated in Italy (Campoverde, Latina) and in Cork (Ireland).
Pharmaceutical research is focused on the discovery of new chemical entities for the treatment of urogenital conditions while development activities are concentrated on urology, on the area of rare diseases and on the cardiovascular therapeutic area, in particular on the further development of lercanidipine based products.
Recordati also has a minor pharmaceutical chemicals business. Recordati produces active ingredients for both its own proprietary pharmaceuticals and for the generic drugs industry. Over 90% of third party production is for the export markets.
Key consolidated data
- Consolidated revenue for 2012 is € 828.3 million.
- Operating income for 2012 is € 167.0 million.
- Net income for 2012 is € 118.5 million.
- Continue its commitment to research and development mainly in the urological and cardiovascular areas and in treatments for rare diseases. Special care is a priority in the product development pipeline.
- Expand through organic development and through acquisitions.
- Pursue geographical expansion by entering new markets characterized by high growth potential.
- Develop sales of orphan drugs in the U.S.A.